LifeVac Europe have been informed, on the 6th of January 2019 an 86 year old gentleman with Dementia started choking on meat whilst eating his meal in Thessaloniki, Greece. BLS was performed on the male to dislodge the full airway obstruction which failed. EKAB Emergency Services were then called to the scene as the gentleman started to become unconscious. LifeVac was used by EKAB paramedics to dislodge a large chunk of meat within seconds. The gentleman started to breath again but felt uncomfortable and was wheezing. He was then taken to Hospital by ambulance where it was determined he had additional food stuck in his lower airway. The clinical team used LifeVac again where it dislodged another chunk of meat (pictured below) from his lower airway. The elderly gentleman made a full recovery with no adverse effects.
Matthew from LifeVac Europe commented “This is amazing news and a great start to 2019! LifeVac saved 12 lives last year and we aim to save at least double those lives this year! We want to thank EKAB Emergency Services, who equipped LifeVac last year for their hard work and quick response. This is the 3rd life EKAB have saved since equipping LifeVac. This is also LifeVac’s 25th life saved when standard BLS has failed, each life LifeVac saves is showing more and more the need of noninvasive suction to be implemented into BLS choking protocol.”
For any information or demonstration please click “contact us” on our website or email firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team will be happy to help.