CCTV footage of LifeVac saving a life.

A 3 year old boy with Down Syndrome was eating a hot dog with his parent’s in an IKEA restaurant, The little boy began to choke on the hot dog. His parents carried out BLS protocol which failed. The little boy could not breath, speak or cough. The security team acted swiftly retrieving  LifeVac from the wall mounted box. On the first application LifeVac dislodged pieces of sausage and bread saving the 3 year old boys life.

This week we have received CCTV footage from IKEA, showing how the scary incident evolved and how LifeVac saved the little boys life.

At 1 minute 43 seconds, you can see the security guard run over to the restaurant counter shouting for the LifeVac wall mounted kit. You can then see the staff member come running out with the wall mounted LifeVac and then see a life being saved.

 

Matthew Banagan from LifeVac Europe commented “Its amazing to see LifeVac in action saving this little boys life! It’s wonderful every time we receive documented feedback that LifeVac saved another life, but to actually see it in action is amazing. This again shows how non invasive suction is such a crucial life saving necessity to have when BLS fails, we hope one day non invasive suction will be a part of BLS protocol to raise the current 70% effectiveness to as close to a 100% as possible.”

To learn more about the training LifeVac delivers visit our training section  or visit our shop to see how we can help you safeguard the people you care for.

by LifeVac

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *