LifeVac’s 30th life saved!

On the 5th of June 2019 LifeVac Europe was informed of another life saved in the UK care sector.

An elderly female resident from Aspen Lodge Care Home was enjoying her lunch when she began to choke on potato. Carers acted quickly administering BLS protocol which unfortunately failed and the resident started to become unconscious. One of the carers ran and grabbed LifeVac which is equipped in all of the care providers homes across the UK. The carer then applied LifeVac which dislodged the potato saving the female residents life.

 

Matt Banagan from LifeVac Europe commented “This is amazing news once again, knowing that LifeVac is reducing the high death rate due to choking in the care sector. This is LifeVac’s 30th life saved and 20th in the care sector, we are working hard to get non invasive suction into BLS and continue to save lives when abdominal thrusts and back blows fail. Choking is one of the leading causes of accidental deaths in adults over the age of 65, after training so many care homes we have found that a resident choking is a carers worst fear.”

 

LifeVac has worked with and equipped over 2000 care and nursing homes across the UK. LifeVac replaces used devices free of charge to help care homes with cost, offers free video training links, face to face training and train the trainer training. LifeVac also understands the tight budgets surrounding the care sector in the UK so offers 3 different variations of LifeVac from £59.95 to £84.95.

by LifeVac

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *