LifeVac Non-invasive Airway Clearance Device (ACD) | Available across Europe, Middle East and Africa
When somebody begins to choke, virtually everyone around them will panic. This is because nearly everyone has experienced the feeling of terror when an object becomes stuck in their airway and they cannot breathe. When this happens, time is of the essence before the person becomes unconscious. If the obstruction is not removed, brain death is expected after just 10 minutes due to lack of oxygen. Placing things such as tubes or fingers into the mouth is dangerous due to the risk of pushing the obstruction further back or causing oral damage. Some of our amazing reviews:
LIFEVAC FROM £59.95
“We have incorporated Lifevac into our Homes for a couple of years now and ensured we give instruction on its use in our First Aid training. We have recognised the increased risk of choking in some of our residents and have in place a rather comprehensive risk assessment to ensure the risk is recognised and the appropriate responses to the risk are put into operation. The Lifevac is in place to enhance our response to possible incidents of choking. We worked constructively and effectively with Lifevac Europe to ensure the appropriate distribution of Lifevac to our Homes and to ensure the correct instruction to our staff on its use.” – Frank Cummins, Care Services Director, Caring Homes Group.
“Hallmark Care Homes are very pleased to work with LifeVac who have supplied LifeVac kits to all of our homes in England and Wales. This gives us piece of mind that in the event of a choking incident we have all the correct equipment within our homes. LifeVac is an incredibly easy to use product and the team at LifeVac have provided our care and nursing teams with some great training on how to use the equipment.” – Aneurin Brown, Regional Manager for England, Hallmark Care Homes.
“The team at LifeVac presented their thorough knowledge regarding choking risks within the residential care sector and professionally demonstrated the capability and benefits of their invention to deal with such risks. In doing so, they instilled confidence within our leadership team and it was an easy decision to become a partner.
LifeVac is invaluable, lifesaving technology and we feel that it is essential to support our staff at Runwood Homes with such crucial lifesaving equipment. LifeVac will protect all of our residents, especially those who are living with a neurological condition, such as dementia or Alzheimer’s, and with an increased choking risk.” – Gavin O’Hare-Connolly, Chief Operating Officer of Runwood Homes.
“For me, the beauty of LifeVac is in its simplicity. Having assessed the suitability of the device, I had positive feedback from my front-line colleagues thanks to it being so easy to use and non-invasive, despite serving such a critical life-saving purpose.” – Roberta Roccella, Head of Wellbeing, HC-One.
“At Exemplar Heath Care we always put safety first for our service users and with this in mind we purchased LifeVacs for all our homes. We train our staff in choke related first aid, and additionally in the use of LifeVacs, there has only been one occasion where we have had to utilise this but when this occasion arose it was successful. Following the incident staff were debriefed and were positive and felt confident in managing choke related situations.” -Claire Barnfield, Commissioning Director, Exemplar Health Care.
When somebody begins to choke, virtually everyone around them will panic.
This is because nearly everyone has experienced the feeling of terror when an object becomes stuck in their airway and they cannot breathe.
When this happens, time is of the essence before the person becomes unconscious. If the obstruction is not removed, brain death is expected after just 10 minutes due to lack of oxygen. Placing things such as tubes or fingers into the mouth is dangerous due to the risk of pushing the obstruction further back or causing oral damage.
Some of our amazing reviews:
DON’T BECOME A STATISTIC
• 6-7 vulnerable people die each month in UK care homes due to choking related incidences. Choking is one of the leading causes of accidental death in adults over the age of 65, even with strict meal/care plans. This is due to many reasons such as Dysphagia, disabilities or medications taken which cause lack of saliva. 85% of all choking related deaths are caused by food.
• 2500 people die from asphyxiated airways in the UK – St John Ambulance
• The UK currently has an 8 minute target time for an ambulance to reach an incident
• 4-6 minutes of oxygen starvation brain damage is possible
• 6-10 minutes of oxygen starvation brain damage is probable
• 10+ minutes of oxygen starvation the victim is likely to die
• Many people in the UK cannot receive conventional treatment for choking due to pregnancy, disability, age or obesity
People who suffer from disabilities are at high risk from choking
• People that suffer from Neurological Diseases such as Parkinson’s Disease, Huntington’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Cerebral Palsy, ALS and Alzheimer’s disease are all susceptible to developing dysphagia
• There are around 127,000 people in the UK who suffer from Parkinson’s Disease
• Around 8000 people suffer with Huntington’s Disease
• There are approximately 100,000 sufferers of Multiple Sclerosis in the UK, with 30-40 percent of those people developing serious problems with dysphagia
• About 100,000 people who suffer with Cerebral Palsy
• 5000 ALS sufferers in the UK
• There is an estimated 820,000 people who suffer from Alzheimer’s Disease in the UK
All of these people could be helped with the use of the LifeVac unit.
LifeVac Can Save the Life of Someone Choking
LifeVac is in over 3000 care and nursing homes across the UK and has saved many lives from choking to death when standard BLS has failed. We have worked with small independent care homes to some of the largest care and nursing home providers in the UK supporting them with training and the implementation of LifeVac each step of the way.
An average of 6-7 choking related deaths occur each month in care and nursing homes across the UK. Helps us safeguard the people you provide the best quality of care for.
LifeVac is a non-invasive single patient portable airway clearance device developed for resuscitating a choking victim when standard BLS protocol has been followed without success. LifeVac comes with interchangeable sized masks to fit different casualties as it is not the case of one size mask fits all. LifeVac is also the only airway clearance device with independent medical testing and peer reviewed publications.
The negative pressure generated by the force of the suction creates over 329 mm Hg which is 3 times greater than the highest recorded cough. The duration of suction is minimal so LifeVac is safe and effective. LifeVac has a patented one way valve which means when applied no air can be forced through the mask.